Tanjung Api-Api SEZ has the status of Special Economic Zone (SEZ) for export processing, logistic, industry, and energy which was newly launched by the government of Indonesia in 2014. With the total area of 2,030 Ha,Tanjung Api-Api SEZ is located in Palembang, South Sumatera Province. South Sumatera is the largest Rubber Producer in Indonesia (569 thousand tons on 2013), 4th largest Crude Palm Oil Producer in Indonesia (2,492 thousand tonnes on 2013), 2nd largest coal deposit in Indonesia (12,104 million tonnes or 39% from national reserves on 2013) and has 10% of national reserves on gas.
Profile Tanjung Api-Api Special Economic Zone
1. Infrastructure in the Region
Physical development of the region that has been done in Tanjung Api-Api SEZ include:
- Construction of roads, drainage, waste water installations, and other facilities are still waiting for land acquisition.
- Has provided 150 kV substation at SEZ to supply electricity at SEZ.
2. Regional Infrastructure
By 2016, the toll road will be completed FS Palembang – Tanjung Api-Api, FS Tanjung Karat, and Approval of Draft Regulation of the Minister of Communications on Tanjung Api flame-RIP. As for the infrastructure that supports Tanjung Api-Api SEZas follows:
- Access road to the International Airport
- National Road Palembang – Tanjung Api-Api
- Port of Tanjung Api-Api capacity of 5,000 DWT and harbor plans Tanjung- Karat
- Toll Road Tanjung Api-Api – Palembang
- Railway Tanjung Enim – Tanjung Api-Api
- Substation 2×30 MW in Tanjung Api-Api
Video Tanjung Api-Api Special Economic Zone
Area Management: Office of the Governor of South Sumatra
Jl. Kapten A. Rivai, Sungai Pangeran, Ilir Tim. I, Kota Palembang,